What sets high performers apart is not sheer talent or luck—it's their cognitive edge. The ability to maneuver through grueling work schedules, tackle challenging training programs, or enhance their daily mental performance makes the extraordinary look effortless. The secret ingredient to this high-octane performance? Optimal brain function fueled by superior nutrition. At Momentous, we understand this fundamental link and offer science-backed products to give you this cognitive edge and help you unlock your untapped potential. Here's a look at the products you need to get more out of every day.
Supercharge with Omega-3
Omega-3 is essential for brain development and function and protects against age-related decline. Our Omega-3 supplements, derived from sustainably sourced Alaskan pollock, deliver a potent dose of EPA and DHA, essential lipids crucial for brain function (1). Regularly NSF tested for non-detectable levels of lead and mercury, our Omega-3 ensures purity and peak bioavailability by including the digestive enzyme Lipase. The result? Improved brain growth and a more positive mood, all thanks to this vital nutrient.
Amplify with Brain Drive
Brain Drive is a powerful formula that supports the production of dopamine and acetylcholine. Dopamine is the neurotransmitter associated with creating a state of motivation and drive. Acetylcholine is the neurotransmitter associated with states of focus, especially as it relates to the learning and encoding of new information. From essential B vitamins to Bacopa Monnieri and Acetyl L-Carnitine, every ingredient works in synergy to bolster nervous system development and neurotransmitter synthesis, allowing your brain to be primed for peak performance.
Focus with Alpha-GPC
Looking to protect against cognitive decline while boosting memory, focus, and clarity? Alpha-GPC is your go-to supplement. Known to cross the blood-brain barrier and increase plasma and brain choline levels, Alpha-GPC enhances vital chemical reactions in the brain. Studies have shown it helps with improved memory and attention (3), fostering long-term brain health.
Boost with Tyrosine
Tyrosine isn't just another amino acid supplement—it's a catalyst for mental mastery. Tyrosine plays a critical role in elevating energy, motivation, and mood by stimulating the production of dopamine and related neurotransmitters. This biochemical boost sharpens focus and working memory and enhances overall cognitive performance (4). Regular users of Tyrosine have consistently reported an enhanced sense of well-being and remarkable resilience during periods of stress (5).
Creatine and Brain Health
Beyond physical performance, the body of literature continues to expand on this powerful amino acid. Since 2012, there have been ~134,000 research articles published focused on creatine. Of those articles: ~32,900 focused on the brain and ~17,300 focused on TBI Recovery.
Studies suggest that creatine supplementation improves cognitive processing, especially in conditions characterized by brain creatine deficits, which could be induced by acute stressors (e.g., exercise, sleep deprivation) or chronic, pathologic conditions (e.g., creatine synthesis enzyme deficiencies, mild traumatic brain injury, aging, Alzheimer’s disease, depression)(6).
Research has shown that creatine supplementation may enhance post-exercise recovery, injury prevention, thermoregulation, rehabilitation, and concussion and/or spinal cord neuroprotection. In addition, a number of clinical applications of creatine supplementation have been studied involving neurodegenerative diseases (e.g., muscular dystrophy, Parkinson’s, Huntington’s disease)(7).
Momentous Products for Cognitive Performance
Whether you want to enhance focus, bolster memory, or shield against cognitive decline, Momentous has science-backed nutritional products to aid your journey.
Ready to unlock your full cognitive potential? Explore our collection and elevate your cognitive performance today.
(1) von Schacky, C. (2021). Importance of EPA and DHA blood levels in brain structure and function. Nutrients, 13(4), 1074.
(2) Berlanga, M. L., Simpson, T. K., & Alcantara, A. A. (2005). Dopamine D5 receptor localization on cholinergic neurons of the rat forebrain and diencephalon: a potential neuroanatomical substrate involved in mediating dopaminergic influences on acetylcholine release. The Journal of Comparative Neurology, 492(1), 34–49.
(3) Scapicchio, P. L. (2013). Revisiting choline alphoscerate profile: a new, perspective, role in dementia? The International Journal of Neuroscience, 123(7), 444–449.
(4) van de Rest, O., Bloemendaal, M., de Heus, R., & Aarts, E. (2017). Dose-dependent effects of oral tyrosine administration on plasma tyrosine levels and cognition in aging. Nutrients, 9(12).
(5) Jongkees, B. J., Hommel, B., Kühn, S., & Colzato, L. S. (2015). Effect of tyrosine supplementation on clinical and healthy populations under stress or cognitive demands--A review. Journal of Psychiatric Research, 70, 50–57.
(6) Roschel H, Gualano B, Ostojic SM, Rawson ES. Creatine Supplementation and Brain Health. Nutrients. 2021 Feb 10;13(2):586. doi: 10.3390/nu13020586. PMID: 33578876; PMCID: PMC7916590.
(7) Kreider, R.B., Kalman, D.S., Antonio, J. et al. International Society of Sports Nutrition position stand: safety and efficacy of creatine supplementation in exercise, sport, and medicine. J Int Soc Sports Nutr 14, 18 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1186/s12970-017-0173-z